Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

the solution to all your problems

from this month's Vanity Fair:

"Let us call him Mystery Man, although he followed a pattern dismally
familiar to single women everywhere. After an elaborate courtship,
Hatcher opened her heart to a handsome guy who convinced her that she
was entering a magical new relationship, only to have him disappear as
soon as she'd let down her guard. He chamed, he conquered, he said,
'I'll call you,' and- poof- he was gone.

'Look what I bought,' Hatcher says, laughing even as tears stream down
her face. She holds out a book wth a shocking-pink cover. 'He's Just
Not That Into You! Can you believe I bought that? I thought there
must be something in there about a guy who does this to you, and here
it is- a whole chapter on guys who disappear! 'He's Just Not That Into
You If He's Disappeared On You!' That's what I needed to read! It's so
accurate! 'No answer is your answer... His silence is a deafening 'See
you later.' The only reason to ever write him again is to give him the
chance to say it louder.' Oh my god! His silence is my answer!"

BUT, GET READY FOR THE BEST PART:

In the amazon.com reviews for the book, CHECK OUT HOW CRAZY THIS WOMAN SOUNDS:
"I have downloaded both of his books and its on my Ipod as I play him in my head all the time.. I know find myself spouting "gregisms".. and don't waste my time with the wrong guys anymore.. it is a lot more simple then women realize.

THE ONLY problem I had was with the longer audio edition.. in the short version Greg and his wife read.. but in the longer version some other guy is reading and its just awful.. Greg can get away with saying "super fox" this other guy sounds like a pitchy annoying car salesman.. very fake.. I had to turn off that version after five minutes.. so I wish Greg would have done his own audio on the longer version.

IF he does you bet I am downloading it... Greg Behrendt should be in EVERY womans head.. its way overdue.. you will not be dissapointed with this book or the audio (well except, as said, the long version.. ugh!)"

GOOD GOD, WOMAN. GET A GRIP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker