Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Jean-ious

I once read that the average woman tries on 40 pairs of jeans before she buys one.

I mean, honestly, it is SUCH a production. First, I discover that bloomingdales has switched around the entire set-up of the store, allegedly to "increase flow" or some other such nonsense, and I am totally lost. Finally I manage to navigate around, but am still totally thrown off. Can someone please explain these "skinny cut cigarette jeans" to me? Relative to I'd say 95% of the population, I would be considered a skinny girl. These things make me look ENORMOUS. They are just not flattering if you weigh more than 90 pounds. So I have to pick through those, making sure that I find something with at least a slight bootcut.

Then, I try on 398450395843098 pairs of jeans. No rhyme or reason to sizes, sending salesgirls out right&left to find more. I emerge from the dressing room with two pairs of jeans, feeling like I've gone through a freakin' war. (Mind you, this entire experience is roughly four trillion times better than when I tried to go to a boutique with an armful of jeans, only to be told that you can only bring in ONE PAIR AT A TIME. You must be joking, I said. The whole point is that you have to COMPARE.)

Only to realize that I still have to go get these stupid jeans shortened, and until I do so, they are totally useless.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker