Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

adventures on the UES


it was sort of like that episode of Sex and the City, where Carrie goes with Big to a party where no dark-colored drinks are allowed. She is dressed in bright colors & ends up going home with a waiter. Went to the engagement party of two people I don't know, as C's date. I think I was his date. It was the weirdest invitation in the history of the world. Luckily I like champagne & chardonnay (both clear).

Spent the day with my mom, looking for apts for my parents for my parents to buy. What is with 20something guys with lovely apts filled with Judaica, photos galore of said guy with his parents in a variety of locales (Caribbean, skiing, bar mitzvahs), neatly-organized/color-coded closets, and nothing in the refrigerator (I looked. bottled water and dried prunes)? Apparently, it is the M.O. among certain echelons of upwardly mobile Jewish men across the nation, regardless of profession (Note: prominently displayed diplomas seem to be part of the required decor. MBA's from Wharton & HBS, check. Med school, check. Phi Beta Kappa, check.) Animal-print pillows optional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker