Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

doorman strike?

"Local 32BJ is threatening a strike if the two sides do not reach a deal on a new contract by 12:01 a.m. Friday. The two sides have been holding intense on-and-off negotiating sessions since Tuesday at the Sheraton New York Hotel." (from today's NYT)

The big question is... are the doormen at the Sheraton holding the doors for the real estate industry negotiators?

God I crack myself up.

In doorman-related news:
1. Remember when my Gparents' Doorman reported back to them about me and HeWithAGirl'sName smooching under their awning? The last time I went to visit, he winked at me. Winked!
2. If the doormen go on strike, Mom & I will be unable to apartment-hunt on Friday (for them, not for me) and will be forced to go shopping instead. Go doormen go! Stick up for your rights!

1 Comments:

Blogger tarabeet said...

what downtown doorman? i don't know this story. unless you mean the doorman of A?

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker