Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

poem o' the day

so, in case you didn't know, April is National Poetry Month. (I go to school with lots of artsy poetry-lovers. Poem-podcasts abound, as do impromptu reading of poetry when one is supposed to give a formalized presentation.)

I subscribed to "Poem A Day" (from poets.org), and I thought I'd share today's since I'm having such a post-a-palooza today anyway (so much to say, apparently!):

The Primer
by Christina Davis

She said, I love you.

He said, Nothing.


(As if there were just one
of each word and the one
who used it, used it up).


In the history of language
the first obscenity was silence.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger vanilla said...

Wanted to let you know I checked out the poets.org and it prompted me to write an entry. I linked to your blog since you led me to the site. Again just wanted to share. Thanks for being a poetry lover and having the site on your blog.

1:26 PM  
Blogger vanilla said...

Sorry, my blog is Little Darling's Opinion Nation

1:28 PM  
Blogger JahStorm said...

Profound. Like it!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker