Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Monday, April 24, 2006

being a backseat driver

do you ever feel like you're just watching someone you care about make huge mistakes with their life? Even worse, that they're so deep into these mistakes that they've become totally immersed in their rationalizations?

My little brother is thinking about transferring to a school in the city where his girlfriend resides. I hate this girlfriend. She is terrible to him, but he's a sweet kid and it's his first real relationship and I think he really does think he loves her. Maybe he does love her. What do I know about love?

What I DO know is that it would be a huge mistake to transfer for THIS girl. She can't even commit to Weight Watchers (hellO garlic bread!), how can she commit to my brother? Plus he could do so, so, SO much better. It physically pains me to hear him position this in terms of "so I was thinking, there's this political science prof I'd love to study with" or "it's closer to home, especially if mom & dad move into NY..."

I wonder if people look at me and think I'm only deluding myself into thinking my SO OBVIOUSLY WRONG decisions are right.

1 Comments:

Blogger tarabeet said...

that actually does make me feel MUCH better.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker