Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

reason 3847384738 we should write a book

we wouldn't plagiarize.

unlike THIS GIRL:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=512948
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/24/D8H6LMKOI.html

have you been following this story? She was all over the Today show/ Good Morning America/ etc about a month ago, and I remember thinking at the time that she was really poised. and then I saw her in the Yard and I wished Natalie Portman still went here so I could have a real celeb sighting.

But ANYWAY. I can't believe how BLATANT her plagiarism was. i love this page, which gives all the examples:
http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=512965
and i'm sort of in disbelief at her half-ass explanation ("i must have INTERNALIZED the wording..." uh huh. right-o.)

eg:
‘YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE’

From page 6 of McCafferty’s first novel: “Sabrina was the brainy Angel. Yet another example of how every girl had to be one or the other: Pretty or smart. Guess which one I got. You’ll see where it’s gotten me.”

From page 39 of Viswanathan’s novel: “Moneypenny was the brainy female character. Yet another example of how every girl had to be one or the other: smart or pretty. I had long resigned myself to category one, and as long as it got me to Harvard, I was happy. Except, it hadn’t gotten me to Harvard. Clearly, it was time to switch to category two.”

PS: that little "link" button shows up when I use Firefox, but not when I use Safari.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker