Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

learning from May-December movies

movie: Le Divorce
couple: Kate Hudson & Random Old French Man (NOT Gerard Depardieu)
outcome: He goes back to his wife; she blossoms as a woman and dresses way better.
other: He is married; he gives her a red Birkin (NOT the big/desirable one, sort of a lame one with a shoulder strap).

movie: Autumn in New York
couple: Richard Gere & Winona Ryder
outcome: I can't remember. I'm pretty sure she dies. Or is that another movie?
other: N/A.

movie: Pretty Woman
couple: Richard Gere & Julia Roberts
outcome: happily ever after
other: She is a prostitute, which is a way bigger issue than age.

movie: Shopgirl
couple: Steve Martin & Claire Danes
outcome: She gets depressed, contemplates suicide, chooses younger guy.
other: Really NOT the comedy I expected.

movie: The Graduate
couple: Anne Bancroft & Dustin Hoffman
outcome: Never saw the movie.

movie: Lolita
couple: Lo-lee-ta & Humbert Humbert
outcome: After an uber-fun kidnapping-fueled road trip, he ends up in jail.
other: Best thing ever written in the history of literature (and yes, I have it memorized):
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta.
She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita.


movie: Rumor Has It
couple: Jennifer Aniston & Kevin Costner
outcome: Also have never seen it; but I think it's that she thinks KC has dated her mother and grandmother and was the inspiration for The Graduate?
other: The Man told me this movie reminded him of me because she dates a much older man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker