Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

2 articles you should read when you emerge from your 1L finals hell, and the 30second versions of each since you won't be emerging anytime soon

One
A Fantasy League for the Females

When I told my wife about it, she looked like George Karl at the end of the Nuggets-Clips series: sourpuss face, hands at her sides, complete disbelief. All she was missing was the potbelly.

"You have a problem," she decided.

"You don't understand the fantasy thing," I countered.

"Well, come up with a league I'd enjoy. Then, maybe I'll understand."

Now that sounded like a challenge. And I never turn down a challenge. So I racked my brain, contemplating all the dopey things she likes.

And then it hit me.

Us Weekly.
...
Here's how it works: 10 teams, auction format, $200 cap, five male and five female celebs per roster. Scoring is head-to-head for 22 weeks, playoffs over the last three (so you can have two seasons per year). OK, let's say you pay $55 for that chain-smoking tramp Lindsay Lohan. If she makes the cover of Us, you get 10 points (three for the inset photo). Every other Lohan picture inside is worth one. If she appears in the "Fashion Police," you're docked three. That's it. Simple. You can add or drop your celebs each Monday. Like maybe you want to dump Jake Gyllenhaal (because the whole "Brokeback" thing has played out) and grab Josh Hartnett (because he's dating Scarlett Johansson). Then again, you might want to hang on to Gyllenhaal. He's single and his number might be up in the Lohan deli line.


Two
(because we love all things Facebook-related, especially when estimating how much Facebook is worth, when the youngins started calling it Facebook instead of THEFacebook, etc. etc. etc.)
Hmm. The article doesnt' seem to be online yet. Link TK, it's from the newest New Yorker.


Note
: ExBoy sent me the ESPN article. Jolie sent me the NYer subscription which enabled me to read the NYer article. Therefore, this posting is courtesy of my exboyfriends.

Fun new game? If X sent me an article, it would be about Y...
If EtchASketch sent me an article, it would be about where he placed in a marathon, or how carbs are back as the new weight-loss mechanism, or how the average age for marriage is rising so he is therefore very trendsetting and stylish.
etc.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker