Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

going to college for your MRS

To get into my school's library, you need to show your ID card. If you don't have an ID card, you sign in. Today, I was checking out books (The Giving Tree & Leo Lionni's Frederick, I'll have you know. Not REAL books), and glanced over at the sign=in sheet.

Name: Rob S.
Time In: 9:45am
Reason: Looking for my fiancee.

I cracked up.

Is he going to the library to meet his fiancee? And why not aim high, and try to look for your wife?

Can you imagine? Rolling up to a club, getting carded by the bouncer.
"Oh yeah? 21, you say? What's your reason for being here?"
"Oh, I'm just looking for my future husband. Like all the other tube-topped-girls in this bar."
"Carry on, miss, carry on. Rumor has it that the guy on the right side of the bar has a Tiffany's ring in his pocket and he's not afraid to use it."

2 Comments:

Blogger tarabeet said...

happy to make you laugh! check your mailbox for the ugliest postcard in the history of the world. xoxo.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker