Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

couples, couples, everywhere

and not a drop to drink...

This type of thing (everyone matching one another) was typical of last night.


After the party, we went out to dinner, a big group of us. I didn't realize until we sat down that it was all couples, and then me. Fine, whatever. A's boyfriend asks the waitress if she can do separate checks, since we're such a big group and we don't want to deal with the hassle. She says sure, what are the groups? He motions at himself and A, "us." Motions at the next couple, "Those two." He continues around the table, two by two. Finally gets to me. Pauses. "Um. And then.. I guess, just one?" He is clearly very embarassed. He didn't plan this. He's not a mean person. He's actually rather wonderful. I see A give him a Look of Death. He coughs. He blushes. "Um, actually it will be the three of us on one check." He makes a threesome joke. A changes the subject.

I count to 100. I walk calmly to the bathroom. I cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker