Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Friday, May 05, 2006

he's just that into you

went out last night with my girlfriends, and my two drink limit went out the window. Ended up talking to three guys who were friends from high school (they meet every month. Beet, can we please do this?!), two of whom were married wth children (note: they hid their ring hands intentionally, I would kill my husband if I found out he was doing this) and were acting as the wingmen for their friend. Eventually ended up talking to the single one, because he was the one buying the drinks.. and slowly my friends started packing up and going to meet their boyfriends.. and I stayed, with this guy who I didn't necessarily find attractive, who was 34, but who was incredibly entertaining and was knowledgable re Boston restos and neighborhoods and just very funny. His friends left. My friends left. Drinks continued at another bar.

SK posted the other day about how the man should always love the woman a little bit more (http://stephanieklein.blogs.com/greek_tragedy/2006/05/a_nod_to_sunblo.html)... and I don't know if it's true in every situation, but I know that at this point in my life (i.e. recently dumped), I want someone to be more into me than I into him, versus being "just not that into" me. So I gave him my number. He made me laugh, he was a perfect gentleman and walked me home and didn't attempt to come in or make me feel uncomfortable, why do I feel like I have to justify it to myself?

But he may be a little TOO overeager. I knew he was into me from the onset, but when I told him I was Jewish I knew that he was sunk. "How long have your parents been married?" he asked. He sent me a text message when he got home to tell me he would call today.

I mean, the man went to Deerfield when it was an all boy's school. It is a total generational disconnect.

But I had good, alcohol-infused fun with him. Do I add him on as one of my ten dates?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker