Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

sketchy text message guy

So I have been getting text messages from some random 732 number. (I googled it. It's a verizon number from New Jersey. I know no one from New Jersey)

It's especially bizarre because I never give out my real number to guys.

Last Friday, we had this exchange:

732: hey goin out to pink elephant for my bday this weekend, should i put u on guest list?
Me: Who is this?
732: ray we met a while ago, bring your friends
[I know no Ray.]
Me: I think you have the wrong number, happy bday
732: no, we must have met at guest house
[Note, I've never been to Guest House]
Me: I think you have the wrong girl. What name is my number saved as on your phone?
732: [Insert correct name]
[so freaked out]
Me: happy bday, thanks anyway

I turn my phone off, go to class... and when I get out of class, he has left me a message. "Hey this is Ray, I thought maybe if you heard my voice you'd remember me. [You thought wrong, Buddy.] Join us at the Pink Elephant, it'll be fun. Let me know how many people to put on the list!"

I (obviously) did not call back.

Then last night I get ANOTHER text message from him.
732: hey want to go to butter tonight?

So I am a bit intrigued by this boy who goes to all sorts of clubs that I would like to try... but I am SO sketched that he would even have my number and be SO crazy persistent.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker