Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I can see clearly now the rain is gone...














I had the best eyeglass-buying experience today. (Darry-en did not even COMPARE.)

Stopped in this teeny little store and was accosted by four wonderful men. They entertained, they smiled, they laughed, they gave me pair after pair of glasses to try.

"Those make your eyes look gorgeous!"

"So perfect with your cheekbones!"

"You look good in everything!"

They brought me into the back of the store and showed me the advance screening of their new commercial. They gave me candy. They told me to take my coat off and make myself comfortable. They loved my tote, they loved my lip gloss, they loved my necklace. I loved them.

After trying on approximately 430940394 pairs of eyeglasses, I finally decided on two.

"Has anyone ever told you you look like that woman on the Food Network?"
"I was thinking that too! Giada!"
"Yes! Giada de Laurentiis!'

"Has anyone ever told you you look like someone famous?" asks #4, coming from the back of the store.
"Only in the last five minutes!" I reply.
"Natalie Portman! You look like Natalie Portman!"
"I SO love this store," I say.

"Hey Giada, did you see V is for Vendetta?" #4 asks.
"No, how was it?!"
"Your boyfriend or husband would like it. The only part I liked was when they cut off her hair. It was heartbreaking. I'm gay, by the way."
"We're all straight!" cry #1, 2, and 3.
"I have no boyfriend. I was dumped," I say.

"WHAT?!" they all yell.
"How?"
"Why?"
"He must be so dumb!"
"So, so dumb!"
"I can't believe it! How could anyone dump our Giada?"

I buy the two pairs. They give me a free pair of prescription sunglasses and kick in the lenses for free. "Because we love you!" says #2, but I bet they do it for everyone.

"Come back soon!"
"Pretty girls are always welcome!"
"We'll call you when your glasses are ready!"

"Thanks again," I say, gather my things, and head out the door.

"See you soon!"
"Remember, there are many other fish in the sea!"
"Cute ones, too!"

Thanks, #1, #2, #3, #4, for making my day. You had no way of knowing how low I felt this morning, and how wonderful you made me feel for the half an hour I spent with you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker