Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Boxers or Briefs?



Last night the Family came into town and we wined&dined&caroused& then saw Jerry Seinfeld perform. He was absolutely hysterical. I laughed so hard I cried. and he even reprised "But I don't want to be a pirate!" and the 10-steps-to-an-accurate "Hello Newman" in a special Q&A encore.

But one thing he said really stuck with me. He said it's pretty easy to "own and operate a man." If you're a woman, all a man wants from you is that you are somewhere between Boxers and Briefs. He wants the support of Briefs, to know which way he's pointing and where his head is. But he also wants the freedom of Boxers, to have room to breathe and just hang out.

I don't think I'm good at that. I think, this time around, I'm more Briefs than Boxers. And I think it's starting to be an issue. In the past, it's been the reverse. Or rather, it's been that I've been to afraid to be the Briefs that I end up pretending to be the Boxers, which has led people to think I don't care. And I think my inability to find a balance between the two is really a major problem.

feeling a bit blue & introspective today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker