Beetbabies

Charla and Tara (name that reference!)'s friendship hails back to the days of yore, to nursery rhymes and toys, scrunched hair and entire cakes. Now living in two different cities, sharing our urban and semi-urban adventures. Basically, conversations about low-calorie snacks and boys, with random other things sprinkled in.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

getting lucky


(Do not be misled by the title of my post, I am still the 9-month virgin.)

Mom & I had plans to attend the Lucky Shops Event (see link), but I was v negative about it because we weren't able to go until 2pm on the THIRD day of the event so I was convinced it would be totally picked over.

BUT I ended up going anyway because a) she dragged me and b) I've been to a wedding there (Gotham Hall) and wanted to see how they changed the space for this. (Architect influence, perhaps?)

Anyway, the highlights included:
1. Theory trousers for $50 a pair! (I bought 4, but to be fair, I wear them almost every day and the FOUR pairs still ended up being LESS than the cost of 1 pair at full price.)
2. Theory knee-high rich mahogany colored boots, $140 (down from $500something.)
3. Earnest Sewn skinny jeans, $80.
4. Gold bamboo-looking bangle, 35.
5. Gold & silver necklace with gold locket, thereby enabling me to mix gold and silver. Seriously I cannot resist articles of jewelry that allow wrong to be right. The necklace is a cool mix of punk & Victorian.
6. V cool blousy patterned shirt by Twinkle, worn out last night, v Marc Jacobs looking.
7. The largest convening of attractive and gorgeous women that I have ever witnessed in NY. Seriously, everyone was just lovely-looking.
8. Free cocktails.

Would totally recommend attending next year. It's a smaller scale (way smaller) Super Saturday, with discounted designer goods & a % of the profits going to charity (in this case, Baby Buggy, started by Jessica Seinfeld). Ticket prices here are only $50 for the general ad., no fabulous food or snacks or decorate your own cupcakes like at S.S., but there were still cocktails. Speaking of cocktails, sampled the Absolut Pear which was absolutely vile and I unequivocally do NOT endorse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker